Wednesday 21 September 2016

Over My Dead Body


Over My Dead Body from The Topical Poet on Vimeo.

Some people have started a petition to rename Cardiff Airport, Diana, Princess of Wales Airport. 
I had to write a poem. 
Over My Dead Body
They want to name our airport,
after Princess Di, 
but what she got to do with it,
she couldn’t even fly.
It’s not like she was Dumbo,
Peter Pan or Santa’s Deers,
She was just a normal teacher
who married old big ears.
There must be Welsher options
like Gareth, Dylan or Nye.
Charlotte Church or Nerys Hughes
would be better than Lady Di.
Diana, Princess of Wales airport,
have they thought this through?
You don’t want to think about a crash
every time you flew.
I just can’t see the logic,
I’m asking myself why
they want to name our airport
after Princess Di?

Check out my short story blog here

No comments:

Post a Comment