Tuesday 27 September 2016

Air Hooks




Today’s topical poem is inspired by the news a Ukrainian prankster managed to convince people to drill holes in their new iPhones. It’s called Air Hooks

The new iPhone seven
 comes without a headphone jack.
And there's already a petition,
asking Apple to bring it back.
But one man's got the answer,
there's a way if there is a will.
A home-made headphones socket
made with a Black & Decker drill.
He posted up the video,
it's been liked by lots of folk.
It sure as hell looks genuine,
there's no way it's a hoax!
So I followed the instructions,
but I wish I double checked.
It didn't make a headphone jack,
In fact, the whole device is wrecked.
And it’s a bloody work phone
So I’m in the shit you see,
Cos intentional drill damage,

isn’t covered by warrantee.

Check out my short story blog here


And if you don't believe me, here is the Guardian article.

No comments:

Post a Comment